10/12/09

CRS - Us Placers


CRS is Child Rebel Soldier, the now defunct rap group consisting of Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West, and Pharrell. Obviously Kanye West is too busy being a jackass/gayfish/himself to be making music like this right now and I know this track hasn't really gotten the exposure it deserves. C'mon, rapping over a Thom Yorke sample...Kanye obviously knows his shit and will do anything to expand his audience to include everyone, including people who can recognize Thom Yorke samples.

And as long as we're on the subject, I've always been on Kanye's side since he got real and told America about George Bush's view on black people. I think as a side effect of fame and everything that comes with it, a lot of popular artists' music loses the more grounded, sincere aspects of their first albums (a la College Dropout, Late Registration), so I've accepted the fact that just like REAL PEOPLE Kanye has changed and is not the same voice we fans of the older stuff once knew. But Graduation was still tight and I honestly give 808s the benefit of the doubt. The man's got an ego but he's talented as fuck and has practically singlehandedly produced/guest featured every big hit since forever. I mean I practically expect to hear his voice if I'm ever around a radio. So yeah, a little bit of a stale subject, but its only ever really about the good music and he makes a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment